Suppliers were harmonized across the U of A system. Extracting suppliers from our BASIS vendor file to Workday. Only extracted suppliers for whom we have done business with over the last 6 months AND who have provided their federal identification information that has been verified by Business Services.
Workday structures their suppliers the name that will display on the screen is the ‘primary’ name, which is the name associated with the TIN. So, for example, if you type in Chartwell s, the name that will display is Compass Group USA. By typing in “Chartwell” and receiving this name back, ensures that you have the correct supplier. We understand that is will be training issue for our campus users and are hopeful that in future releases there will be modification to this process. All supplier requests processed will have to be approved by Workday Support Group before they are active and available for use in Workday.
All suppliers Domestic or Foreign must be "sponsored" by UAF department prior to processing - this can be accomplished by submitting a help portal ticket.
Current Processing until Supplier Portal / Preferred Supplier Portal becomes available.
Two Ways to get a New Supplier in system. *****NEW****
1. You can use the Workday Business Process of "create a supplier request" action - you will need:
- A completed W9 form to attach to the request. (W9 Form)
In Workday, you can enter the supplier information and submit. Request will be routed to the Supplier Partners within Workday. Instructions for this are covered in Training of FIN 23 in Workday Training. Workday will notify when business process completed.
2. Have the Supplier complete the VII form and submit
- VII Vendor Identification Information Form (this link can only be clicked once and can not be forwarded after it has been clicked)
How to get a new supplier/address/update to existing supplier in Workday at UAF:
Current Processing until Supplier Portal / Preferred Supplier Portal self-registration becomes available.
- Create a New Supplier Help Portal ticket - Go to workday.uark.edu
- Click on ‘help portal’ link
- Scroll down to the bottom of page
- Choose Business Services.
- Scroll down, click Supplier (set up)
- Provide detailed information.
- Attach supplier documents for verification of information.
Supplier group will use the help portal system to communicate and provide you the Workday Supplier number. In some cases, the supplier maybe required to submit a new VII form for verification purposes.
All suppliers will have to be verified before they will be entered. Once entered the supplier becomes available after approval of the Workday Support Service.
All foreign suppliers require a W8 or comparable form with identifying numbers
All foreign suppliers without a domestic presence will be paid via bank wire.
Reminder: Workday structures their suppliers the name that will display on the screen is the ‘primary’ name, which is the name associated with the TIN. So, for example, if you type in Chartwell s, the name that will display is Compass Group USA. By typing in “Chartwell” and receiving this name back, ensures that you have the correct supplier. We understand that is will be training issue for our campus users and are hopeful that in future releases there will be modification to this process. All supplier requests processed will have to be approved by Workday Support Group before they are active and available for use in Workday.
To be a University Supplier, we require:
- TIN/SSN. Vendors will not be created as active until we receive (and verify) this information. Foreign Suppliers should complete and send W8 or comparable form containing identifying numbers.
- A TIN/SSN is required and IRS confirmation for the suppliers to be loaded to Workday. If we do not have the information, the vendor will NOT be in Workday.
Vendor Identification Information Form (VII Form):
If you need alternative (written) documents or forms, contact Business Services at (479) 575-2551 or email@example.com.
A VII Form is required for all active vendors. To ensure Purchase Orders and Remittance payments are handled appropriately, fields (e.g. ACH) have been incorporated into the online form. In order to register to do business with the University of Arkansas, all new suppliers/vendors are required to use the online form and be sponsored by a University department.
Tips when completing the VII form:
- The link for VII Vendor Identification Information Form MUST be used by the person submitting the form. Once the link is clicked, an original form number is created for the user and cannot be duplicated. The URL on the form can only be used once. Forwarding of the form itself will create an error.
- The link can only be used ONCE.
- If starting over, click on the link again.
- Do not autofill from information saved on your computer. Information must be entered.
- We recommend completing the form on a desktop or laptop computer.
- For Foreign Suppliers/Vendors: Please complete a W8 or comparable form send on your help ticket. The University will process payments via wire for foreign suppliers without domestic presence.
Any person or organization wishing to use any marks of the University of Arkansas, either direct or indirect references must become a licensed vendor through IMG College Licensing (IMGCL) in Atlanta, Georgia. They can be contacted at 770.956.0520 and following established guidelines.
If you have any questions on Bidding opportunities please visit the Hogbid website.
Third-party vendor verification is required on all active vendors.
Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Funds
- FTA Certifications and Assurances
- Federal required and other model clauses Matrix
- Federally required and other model clauses
Uniform Commercial Guidance
- UA Terms & Conditions
- Department of Finance & Administration Link - State of Arkansas
- Parking Map
- Arkansas Tax Cap & Rate
- Vendor Inquiry BASIS
- W-8 BEN-E Form IRS
- W-8 BEN-E Instructions IRS
- W-8-ECI Form IRS
- W-8 ECI Instructions IRS